My name is Cara Hunt and I am a 25 year old business graduate working in a retail bank. My career has always been a huge focus in my life and I have always strived to climb the ladder within the banking world. Before completing my final year at Loughborough University, I met my husband Steve and within a whirlwind first year together, we lived together with his two small children. I have always juggled being a proffessional career woman, being a step mum and still behaving like a 25 year old on our weekends off. My life has always been hectic and non-stop….just how I like it.
In June 2015, we got married in a beautiful location in Northern Portugal amongst 100 of our closest friends and family. We finished up with our honeymoon in the Maldives. I knew in my heart that something was missing and I needed a baby of my own to complete our family puzzle. Thankfully….Steve felt the same.
Our baby boy is due on the 10th of July 2016 and I started this blog as I wanted to capture my journey and support others with similar challenges. The main themes will be:
- Adding another child to our modern family and ensuring we still maintain a family unit.
- Temporarily taking the pedals off my career and taking a years maternity leave.
- Keeping up with my friends who are all at different stages of their lives.
- Becoming a first time mum with a husband who already has children.
- Keeping my body in tact whilst wanting to eat 24 hours a day.
I hope you enjoy my journey.